Millions of people use Signal for instant communication all over the world for free. Send and receive high-definition messages, take part in voice and video calls, and discover an expanding array of new features to help you stay connected. Signal’s advanced privacy protection technology is always on, so you can focus on sharing the memories you care about with the people who matter to you.
• Say what you want – State-of-the-art end-to-end encryption (open source Signal Protocol™) keeps your chats secure. Privacy is not an optional mode, it’s the way Signal works. Every message, every call, every time.
• Speed up – Messages are sent quickly and securely, even on a slow connection. Signal has been optimized to work in as harsh environments as possible.
• Feel free – Signal is a fully independent 501c3 nonprofit. The development of the software is supported by users like you. No ads. No tracking. No jokes.
• Be yourself – You can use your existing phone number and contacts to securely communicate with your friends.
• Speak – Whether across town or across the ocean, Signal’s enhanced audio and video quality will make friends and family feel closer to you.
• Whisper in the shadows – If you can’t stand the sight of the light, switch to the dark theme.
• Sound familiar – Choose a different alert for each contact, or mute the sounds altogether. You can experience the sound of silence, about which Simon and Garfunkel wrote a popular song in 1964, at any time by selecting the notification sound setting “None”.
• Capture this – Use the built-in image editor to draw, crop, rotate, etc. on your sent photos. There’s even a writing tool where you can add even more to your 1,000 word photo.